Cycle Hire Terms and Conditions
As set out by Go Guernsey Land and Sea Ltd. (GGLS), company number 56630, of Rocque du Coin, Grande Rue, St Saviours, GY& 9PS.
- HIRE AGREEMENT: Bikes and equipment can only be hired from GGLS on accepting our hire agreement form and/or our T and Cs on the online booking portal and website, and in doing so and/or by using the bike/s you confirm that you have read and understood the T and Cs and agree to all points within them, irrespective of whether payment occurs before or after acceptance of the bike/s. Upon such acceptance, a binding contract is formed between you and GGLS. You must be over 18 to enter into a hire agreement.
- PAYMENT. The total cost of hire is to be paid before the period of hire commences. Credit/debit cards will incur a 5% surcharge for all bookings. We reserve the right to take the hirer's credit/debit card details to hold as security until the equipment is returned in the condition hired out in.
- RENTAL PERIOD. The hire period commences on the day the bike/s and equipment is/are booked in 24 hour blocks. All hire is subject to availability. Late return/extended hire will be charged for at the normal rate for that hire period.
- BICYCLES AND EQUIPMENT. We aim to provide high quality bikes for hire. To achieve this at a reasonable cost we ask our customers to treat our equipment responsibly. You undertake to ride carefully and sensibly at all times. It is your responsibility to keep the hired equipment safe from damage, loss or theft, use it in a proper manner and not subject it to any misuse or unfair wear and tear. You should ensure that the bike is always locked to a fixed object when unattended and not leave it unattended for extended periods of time. You are responsible to set up the bike seat and height into a safe cycling position but you must not adjust or alter anything else on the bike without permission from GGLS.
- PROBLEMS AND INCIDENTS. If any problems are noticed or an incident or breakdown occurs this should be reported immediately to us or as soon as reasonably feasible. Refunds will only be considered for a mechanical failure occurring in the first hour of the hire period. Thereafter, each rider is deemed to be completely satisfied with the bike/s and/or equipment.
- ROAD SAFETY. Bikes must not be ridden on the beach, cliff paths, nature trails, L'Ancresse Common, pavements or taken out of the island. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not violate any local laws and cycle where cycling is permitted only. You undertake not to operate the bike or permit the bike to be operated whilst unfit through drink or drugs or with blood alcohol concentration above the legal limit. Bikes must not be cycled after dark unless fitted with lights.
- HELMETS. Helmets are provided free with every hire. The hirer understands and accepts that GGLS strongly recommend all adults and children wear them. It is the hirer's responsibility to ensure children wear the helmet provided. We cannot be held responsible for any damage or injuries sustained as a result of a customer not wearing a helmet.
- CANCELLATION. Cancellation of a booking can be done either by phone or email. For Electric bike bookings cancelled within 48 hours notice full payment will be taken, with 48 hours or more notice a full refund minus any payment system charges will be given. For other bookings cancelled within 24 hours, a full refund will be given minus any payment system charges. GGLS also reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, to cancel bike hire bookings. In the event of such cancellation, GGLS will offer the hirer an option to reschedule any booking to an alternative date or a refund on any amount paid for hire, but we shall otherwise have no liability whatsoever, including for consequential expenses, in respect of such cancellation.
- LIABILITY. As the hirer, you understand that any cycling activity involves a certain element of risk. Any person using GGLS's equipment does so entirely at their own risk. We do not accept any liability for death, personal injury, loss or damage to property beyond our legal obligations. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by you, attributable to a third party or arising as a result of unusual or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. You agree to indemnify GGLS against any claim, interest, demand or expense in respect of any injury, loss or damage including for any damage caused by you to the bike or equipment hired.
- COMPLAINTS. In the unlikely event of a complaint, please let us know as soon as reasonably possible by calling or emailing us with all details so that we have a reasonable opportunity to resolve the issue.
- ELECTRIC BIKES. Maximum weight of rider must not exceed 300 lbs/136 kilos/21 stone. E-bikes must be returned with fully charged battery if kept overnight or a surcharge may apply. Hirer must declare any pre-existing medical conditions that affect hire, eyesight must be up to standard. Our E-bikes comply fully with Guernsey Law by the motor not exceeding the power to propel up to 15mph, the hirer must not exceed local speed limits of 15mph on Ruette Tranqilles or 25mph on other roads. The hirer understands and accepts that GGLS strongly advises the wearing of the safety helmets provided. Only to be used by a person aged 15 and above. E-bike booking will be on a morning to end of day basis. 50% additional discount on second week of hire does not apply to E-bikes. By booking and using the E-bike the hirer accepts these T & Cs and declares themselves to be competent to use an E-bike. A deposit may be taken for E-bikes. Damage due to hirer negligence will be charged for. Breakdown service does not include call out for flat battery.